Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tool #11: Self Assessing and Reflecting


1.  Although I have used Wallwisher and Poll Everywhere periodically during the past year, I really enjoyed digging deeper into how they can be used on a daily/weekly basis. I like the idea of having a Poll Everywhere question on the activboard at the beginning of the day or math/science lesson where the students can respond to an open ended or multiple choice question. I'm going to use the Wallwisher more on my classroom blog much more this year as a way of letting the students post 'stickies' as responses to each other's answers to my question.



2.  I can see now that I have a lot more planning ahead of me this year with the additional technology resources that we are going to have available, although I believe that this planning will be fun and exciting for me, now that I have learned about these new tools. I've always had the vision that my classroom should be more technologically involved, but I now know that I have a lot more to add to that vision. 

3.  I was pleasantly surprised at the number of apps and resources that the SBISD website has available for us to use. I was also surprised at the ease at which it is to embed some of these resources into a blog...I'm looking forward to incorporating a lot of these tools into my own classroom blog this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment